Sunday, January 11, 2015

My view on healthy eating.

              I started last October doing the pescatarian( vegetarian except fish and eggs)diet because I started to notice certain foods that hurt my stomach or I gained weight faster. I noticed particularly that red meat made me bloat and got sharp pains. It has now been 15 months and I can tell a huge difference. I had borrowed a book recently from a friend called "Blood Type Diet" by Peter J. D' Adamo.After reading it I was surprised when I read based on my blood type it is better for me to eat certain foods.
Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.
Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.
Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.
Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.<http://www.webmd.com/diet/blood-type-diet>
          I finished reading the section in the book based on my blood type diet, but it also mentioned what kind of exercise was best for me. I got surprised again because all the ones it mentioned I love to do!These were hiking, swimming,yoga,dancing,Pilates, and biking...etc.
           I just started a new book "The Body Book" by Cameron Diaz. She was really inspiring because she teaches women to love their bodies and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. She talks about how you need to feed your body what it deserves and listening to your body.She helps you learn the facts and turning knowledge into action. You find the tools you need to build a healthier body now whether its food, skin,hair, or exercise.
         I love junk food..a lot, but I realized that its going to take time and discipline to get to where I want to be health wise. Its so hard today with everything being processed and get-togethers.I thought I just wanted to be thin and just workout all the time, but I still didn't feel good inside. I recently have been telling myself after I read these books that I will feel my best and do my best, when I do whats best for my BODY. So when I see those sour patch kids or buttery items I have to stop and think " what will this do to my body?" Especially my future body and health...
 
- Sweet Missouri Girl

1 comment: